Sunday, February 19, 2017

I am Borderline!

I have Mental Illness, although I no longer let it define me, it is still apart of me. I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, Bi polar, General Anxiety, PTSD, nightmares & flashbacks. As well, I am and Addict/alcoholic, codependent, sex and love addict and suffer from an eating disorder. I am in recovery from all of these things and taking it one day at a time. I am in trauma therapy, and see a BPD therapist! I see a dietitian, I eat 4- 6 healthy meals a day, I try to exercise 6 times a week, and see a personal trainer 3 times a week and I attend self help meetings. I am also in treatment in Houston, Texas at the Mental Health CO-OP and I attend 9 groups and classes a week and a museum/ coffee shop outing on Fridays and after being in 26 other facilities and multiple hospitalizations I am finally doing good! At one point I was on 9 psych medications and now I am only on 1! I see a psychiatrist as well to help keep my medications stabilized. I journal, pray and meditate daily! 7 months ago I would sleep in till 12, shower 2 times a week, never brush my teeth, now I take care of myself, I shower daily, brush my teeth twice and floss between meals and at night, and I dress to impress! Growing up I had major social issues and to this day I am proud to say I have both male and female friends and they are healthy relationships. I as well have an amazing boyfriend! Things I am trying to work on are managing impulsivity, boundaries, manic episodes, anger, playing the victim and attention seeking behaviors. I also am close with my family who at one point in time I couldn't even speak with. I have goals , I know what I want to do with my life I want to one day sponsor woman and take them through the 12 steps, I want to go back to college and become a social worker and eventually be an educational consultant and help people like my past self go to treatment, I want to be financially independent, I want to get married and have a family, and I want to raise my family in the Jewish faith like I was. I am also trying to attend temple once a month, hopefully starting soon! All of these things are to better myself. The staff at my treatment center along with my family have all told me that slowly but surely I am improving and that means the world to me, in the past every time I improve I tend to mess up. I do not want that to happen this time. I am trying to eliminate cursing and sex talk from my language because I want to be a more mature woman.

Today I found out a friend of mind from the rooms of AA passed away this passed weekend from an overdose, it really made me take a look at my past from when I self harmed, and overdosed and made me think of how badly I hurt my loved ones and how far I have now come! I am grateful I did not pass away although then I wish I did! I am grateful to still be here today! The last few years I have lost a lot of people I truly care about! A lot of new people have entered my life though who bring me joy as well! Those are the ones I now fight for!

I hope you all have enjoyed learning some new things about me! I know that some of you may have always wondered why I have been in and out of treatment for years, now you know. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or email me and ask!


                                                                       That's all for now,
                                                                    The Borderline Jew

No comments:

Post a Comment